If there is any disability, illness or injury that may be affected or aggravated by participating in a class or activity you must NOT participate until you have fully discussed this with an instructor. Such disclosure will be kept confidential except where necessary to safely run the event/s.
INDEMNITY TO: LE STEP PTY. LTD. (“the Instructor” or “the Organiser”) I acknowledge that as a competitor or spectator of the QMJC (Queensland Modern Jive Championships) I agree that the organiser/s or instructors, in consideration of the Organiser allowing me to attend the Qld Modern Jive Championships or Instructor allowing me to attend Le Step dance classes (“the class or classes”) and / or events run by it (whether a group class or a private lesson)
I agree with the Organiser & Instructor as follows:-
1. I acknowledge that the competition is a private event & any classes are private classes and I agree to be bound by any rules and regulations that the Organiser and Instructor issues regarding the conduct of the competition and classes or any other activity organised by the Organiser or Instructor.
2. To release the Organiser and Instructor from all liability for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by me; (a) arising from or in respect of my participation in any class or other activity (dance related or otherwise) arranged by or on behalf of the Organiser or Instructor, whether or not the injury is caused by the Organiser or Instructor or any other person participating in the competition or class or activity wherever the competition or class or activity is held; (b) whether or not the damage, personal injury or illness arises from the negligence or breach of any statutory duty of the Organiser or Instructor or any other member of the competition or class or activity.
3. I agree to obey the Organiser or Instructor at all times and acknowledge that my participation in the class or any other activity provided by the Organiser or Instructor may be terminated at any time by the Organiser or Instructor.
4. I confirm that I do not have any injury or illness could be aggravated by my participation in the competition or classes or other activities other than disclosed by me above and I acknowledge that the Organiser and Instructor is relying on this statement in allowing me to participate in the competition or class. If I suffer any such illness or injury I agree to notify the Organiser or Instructor immediately.
5. I acknowledge that:- (a) in the conduct of the competition or class or other activity some physical contact will occur between myself and the Organiser or Instructor or myself and other members of the class; and (b) I consent to that contact being made; and (c) I will not hold the Organiser or Instructor or any other member of the class responsible for any injury or illness I may suffer in respect of that contact.
6. Le Step is a ‘Blue Card” Regulated Business. To work with children under the age of 18 years in Queensland, “Blue Cards” and a “Risk Assessment Policy” are legal requirements. Our “Risk Assessment Policy” conducted as part of Le Step (available at www.lestep.com.au) includes the right to evict anyone from any competition or class, at any time and without warning, if they breach or appear to breach, any of our guidelines for creating a safe environment for minors. Persons under the age of 18 (and their parent/guardian) must clearly identify themselves to the Door Staff and the Qld Modern Jive Championships Manager or Le Step Venue Manager. You will be asked to sign a separate document. For legal and reasons; Children under 13 years may not attend our regular nightly classes. Children aged between 13 and 15 are welcome with parental/legal guardian supervision. Children over 16 may attend regular nightly classes subject to parents/legal guardians signing them in at their first session.
7. Qld Modern Jive Championships & Le Step reserves the right to use personal information for statistical information, to inform clients of upcoming events via mail, email, phone, sms, txt or any other form of advertising. You can be removed from our lists at any time.
8. I acknowledge that Qld Modern Jive Championships & Le Step is not liable for any claim or demand or damage or personal injury or illness sustained by me as a result of any social function in which I may choose to participate, even if the event is arranged, organised or directed by Le Step Pty Ltd, its Directors or members or clients or any third party.
9. I am aware that should I require a copy of this Disclaimer, copies are available through the Le Step office and on this QMJC Web Site – www.qmjc.com.au
10. I certify that all information provided by me to the Organiser or Instructor in the Registration Form on this website, or in any other way is true and correct. By agreeing to the registration form I confirm that I am over the age of eighteen (18) years and have read and understood the terms of this application before signing. Or, as I am under the age of eighteen (18) years I have obtained permission to participate in the competition or classes from my parent / guardian and will have them agree via this website or sign on my behalf before participating in any Qld Modern Jive Championships or Le Step activity.
11. If you have an issue with any part of the document you must consult the director of Le Step. Any alterations to the original document must be in writing.
12. I hereby acknowledge that the Qld Modern Jive Championships and Le Step classes, events and functions are private and that Qld Modern Jive Championships or Le Step may record any Qld Modern Jive Championships or Le Step event or activity by any means or format and use such recordings (including but not limited to photo and video) for whatever purpose and without obligation to me.
Have a great competition!